Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Girls Gone Wild

The alternative title to this post was: "Girls don't try this at home!" I write a lot about crazy, sketchy guy behavior, but I thought it was time to devote some space to crazy girl behavior.

Now, I will admit this straight up: sometimes we women are not the most rational of creatures. Sometimes we do stuff that seems to have little reasoning behind it. SOMETIMES we are a little crazy.

And I can't explain why this happens, or what goes on in my brain when I feel myself boiling over with fury over something seemingly inconsequential. But if I do know one thing, it is that if I am at that point, you should never, EVER tell me that I am being crazy. I mean, unless you WANT me to flip out on you and never speak to you again. Cause that's what'll happen...

But even knowing that sometimes I can be a little nutso, there are still some stories that I hear about girls where I am just flabbergasted.

Case Study #1: The Abusive Girl

People frown upon abuse in general, but rarely is it the girlfriend who is the abuser. Recently, I have heard a few stories of totally pussy guys who were taking shit from abusive girlfriends. My friend C got into a fight with his girlfriend and when he walked out of her apartment to try to end the fight, she followed him and threw a brick at his head. Another guy, M, had a beer bottle broken over his head by his girlfriend and needed to go to the hospital to get stitches. And neither of these guys broke up with their girlfriends afterwards. Looks like it's not just girls that stay in abusive relationships....

Case Study #2: The Obsessive Girl

Now obviously in the internet age with the advent of Facebook, it's almost too easy to stalk people. But there are still those people who cross the line of fun stalking and become legitimate stalkers. Friend M went out to celebrate his birthday last week with the guys and his girlfriend wouldn't stop calling him every ten minutes, despite knowing that it was a guy's night out. M arrived home that night only to hear non-stop banging at his door. Turns out the girlfriend had been camped outside his door all night, and ended up hanging out with his neighbors while she waited for him to come home (since she didn't have a key to his place and couldn't get in). Needless to say, he broke up with her the next day and she didn't take it so well.

Ladies, we all have those days, but come on, you're making the rest of us look bad!

No comments: