Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Beginning of Something, Maybe

I am starting to feel like the girl that cried wolf when it comes to saying that I've "met someone special that might actually turn into something" since I am aware that I was mistaken about that in the past a few times (Slingarm, Client Boy just to name a few). Therefore, I refuse to say anything remotely to that effect about my first date with AGA last night.

He called me yesterday in the afternoon to tell me that he had to go out of town this weekend, but he would call me if he was out and about in the nighttime. I was having a drink and catching up with St. Paddy's Day Boy (who btw I am almost positive knows he is in the friend zone now) when AGA called to see if I wanted to meet up with him.

We had a fantastic time and this will go down in history as one of the greatest first dates of all time, complete with more mind-blowing kissing. He conveyed to me that he would like to see me again, soon, and he'd give me a call today so that we could make plans.

After not hearing from him all day, I was starting to lose faith when I received a text that said, "I'm sorry, I had a busy day and just got home. Can I call you tomorrow?"

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Let's back up for a second. I am used to guys that, well, just plain don't call or even worse, pull a Logan Boy, i.e. make plans and then totally stand me up with no explanation. (Side Note: The honor of this title almost went to Client Boy, but alas, Logan Boy came first and his actions were way more heinous. Sorry Client Boy, next time...) I thought a guy was considerate and awesome if he even texted me "Sorry, I will call you tomorrow". It's unheard of to be asked if it's ok.

All in all, I am pretty amazed and overwhelmed by AGA. In a good way.

Oh, and PS - If you were wondering at all, the picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post. I just thought it was cute...kind of like AGA...

No comments: