Monday, April 21, 2008

A Big Snooze

After some e-mailing back and forth and texting, I spent some quality time with Ivy Boy...and his lacrosse buddies from college and his little sister. Seriously.

Remember how I thought he was a little boring and serious when I met him? Oh yeah I take that all back now because I know for a fact now that he's incredibly boring and not at all serious.

In fact, he and his friends are all totally idiotic meatheads. The whole lot of them all played lacrosse in college and sat there for THREE HOURS recounting stories of the parties they had and the drugs they took back when they were athletes. This, of course, was when they weren't making fun of each other for "being a homo" and talking about cleveland steamers and rusty trombones (if you don't already know, don't ask - trust me, you don't want to know).

To begin with, my idea of physical activity is walking down the block to the grocery store instead of having Fresh Direct deliver it to my doorstep, so I didn't exactly fit in with his crowd. Nor do I find homosexual insults and explicit sexual remarks that funny when they're outside of a Judd Apatow movie. I felt as if I had to read a textbook or watch a documentary after hanging out with them to replace the brain cells that I had just lost en masse.

Needless to say, I don't think I will be hanging out with Ivy Boy ever again.

No comments: