Sunday, July 20, 2008

Picking Up Chicks

So the other night I went out with my platonic guy pal, L, and he took me to his local bar, making a point of telling me that a really hot blonde bartender that he likes works there. I promised not to stifle his game.

It turns out the bartender IS really hot, a tall, blonde, perfect Polish girl who I will fully admit to having a major girl-crush on. L and I were sitting at the bar, sneakily checking her out when she came over and I asked her where her earrings were from. We started chatting and she suddenly exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, you are so gorgeous! You must have boys trying to get your number all the time!" to which I responded, "No YOU are so gorgeous! Look at you!"

Well, needless to say, she was my immediate new BFF and we totally hit it off, much to L's chagrin. I even made a point of going to the bathroom so they could have a moment together without me third-wheeling. When I came back, he looked at me grumpily and said, "I think she's more into you than she is into me. She told me that she thinks you're really pretty."

All I could really do at that point was laugh. As we were leaving, though, she stopped us and looked really disappointed we were taking off. I exchanged phone numbers with her and we made plans to hang out on Monday night, her night off.

Walking out of the bar, L just shook his head at me, and I told him he was obviously invited to hang out with us on Monday to which he responded, "I have had a crush on her for months, and you just walk in and get her phone number. You are the best wingwoman ever."

The moral of the story is I am apparently awesome at picking up really hot blonde Polish girls and I think there is career potential there. Let me know if you'd be interested in my services!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judging by today's blog entry, it seems that you have already gained sex siren status!
work it girl!

-K