Sunday, July 13, 2008

Updates: AGA

The last time I left off with AGA we had just gone on our first date and I was feeling nothing but tingly, wonderful feelings through and through.

Well I know you're dying to find out how that whole thing turned out, so it's your lucky day.

After a week of texts and phone calls, we went out on our second date and had another great, amazing time. I was thoroughly in smitten mode and driving my friends crazy talking about him nonstop and how cute our babies would be.

And then...three weeks of silence. That's right. Three weeks of not really hearing from him and calling him just to get a text message in response that he was sick. Finally, after three weeks, he contacted me to let me know he had just started seeing someone, after our second date, and that was why he had been so MIA. As in three full weeks of soul-torturing uncertainty before I finally heard from him.

Now, just to back up a little bit, of course I was kind of devastated, but the three weeks of silence had been a definite sign that he wasn't dying to see me any time soon, so I had already somewhat prepared myself for the rejection. And yes, I do appreciate that he told me he was seeing someone and still wanted to be my friend, but three weeks seems excessive. Very excessive.

A good deal of time has passed, so I'm looking back on this with fresh eyes, and I understand now that even though AGA was my magical chemistry kiss guy, apparently he didn't feel the same way about me and he met someone who was his magical chemistry kiss girl. I really can't be mad at someone just because he met someone he felt magical chemistry with.

Yes, I was pretty let down, but one never knows what the future may bring. After all, it took a couple years for us to get our shit together and actually go out on a date, so maybe it'll take another couple years for us to go on a third date.

No comments: