Monday, January 21, 2008

J-Boy Disaster

Today, I was sitting at my desk working away when one of my coworkers walked up to me with a huge vase of orchids. "Oh, who are those for?" I asked.

"You!" he smiled, as he set them down on my desk.

Then I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"You don't look delighted," he commented. "Who are they from? One of your suitors?"

I opened the card and groaned. They were from J-Boy because he knew I was going through a tough week and had been considerate enough to send me flowers to cheer me up.

Why was I so disgusted with the gesture?

I have made it abundantly clear to this boy on multiple occasions that he is NOT my boyfriend, and I have no desire for him to act as such. The act of sending flowers was far too much for me.

Conundrum of the day: how do you break up with someone you're not even really dating?

No comments: