Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jersey Boys

Last night, I went to a birthday party at a bar in midtown. We were in a private back room, which was incredibly nice, but meant there were absolutely no single boys anywhere in the vicinity. Deciding I had to do something about this, I wandered into the main room of the bar and found two cute prospects. I approached them, said hi, and invited them to the back-room party. Somewhat surprisingly, they came with me and promptly started buying the birthday boy and girl shots, fitting right in.

Here came the dilemma: both boys were attractive, the same age, and fun to hang around. Which one was I interested in? Seriously, what a horrendous problem to have. If only I had this problem more often...I spoke and flirted with both of them for a while, and got a clear vibe from one of them that he was into me. We had a lot in common and he was definitely a cutie, so I was more than ok with this. From here on in, he will be referred to as Jersey Boy.

The rest of the evening consisted of blatant flirting including some under-the-table hand-holding (yes, adorable). The end of the night was somewhat awkward since there were three of us (the friend couldn't take the hint to leave us alone). Even stranger, the friend was the one who asked me if we could hang out again and had me give him my phone number. As I left to go home, I felt thoroughly confused about which boy I was potentially dating in the future.

Luckily, within the half hour, Jersey Boy had texted me hello, so I suppose his friend acquiring my phone number was just a ruse to pass it along to Jersey Boy. We texted on and off throughout today and made tentative plans to hang out next week. Hopefully, this time, his friend won't be in attendance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two attractive guys?

I call that kind of problem a SEXY problem!

Anonymous said...

BTW...I want to see "Jersey Boys"...the musical, not these two dudes you met...

Anonymous said...

Who DOESN'T want to meet two random Jersey dudes I meet?!?!