Sunday, January 6, 2008

Striking Out in Capetown

The picture doesn't even do it justice, but Capetown is breathtaking. We are staying right on the water and I look out my window onto the marina and yachts. Across from the hotel is Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned. I'm looking forward to exploring more of the city and surrounding areas in the days to come; it's full of energy and history.

Jet lag hit hard last night and I only got three hours of sleep, so my appearance was the last thing on my mind when I left for the airport this morning. I was wearing my terrycloth sweats and a ratty t-shirt with unwashed hair when of course a stunning creature of a man sat down on the plane. Just my luck. From now on, no matter where I'm going in South Africa, I am going to look fabulous.

We found ourselves standing across from each other at the baggage claim and made flirty eyes at each other. Then my bag came and the romance ended abruptly. Hot South African Baggage Claim Boy, wherever you are, call me!

No comments: