Thursday, January 31, 2008

Some More J-Boy Hilarity (At His Expense)

In a continuation of my post from yesterday, apparently I was not done with J-Boy yet. After dwelling on my words from yesterday, he came back full force today with a whole buttload of drama and fighting words. I remember the good ole days when dumping someone meant you would just stop returning their calls and block them on AIM. The one time I go and take the high road because I'm trying to practice what I preach, of course, the boy goes ape-shit. When did boys become such drama queens? Ok, yes, it's partly my fault for "breaking up" with him over instant messenger, but seriously...

Below is a snippet of the conversation that took place today, and before you go judging me too harshly please remember that I already told him yesterday that I just want to be friends, and for some reason, the kid just didn't get it and kept pushing my buttons until I had to spell it out for him:

J-Boy: I have a lot of issues when it comes to relationships, whether it be a girlfriend or just a friend.... I really don't enjoy opening myself up to someone just to be rejected - who does, I know... I feel it has to be a two-sided road when it comes to any type of relationship... otherwise, what's the point?
J-Boy: So
J-Boy: I don't know how to react when I hear that you're "not willing to put in any effort"....
J-Boy: I know that you're beyond busy, and things have been really hectic for you.... so I've tried not to make such a big deal about getting together and respect your situation and not add to it...
J-Boy: But you don't seem to have any issues when it comes to getting together with your friends, getting set up by your friends, or hanging with cowboys... (my favorite part!)
J-Boy: So, how do I interpret that...
Me: I think you interpret it as exactly what I told you yesterday
Me: I wasn't willing to make any extra effort to see you
Me: which was kind of a sign
J-Boy: Of?
Me: That I'm not that into you... (OUCH! I know, but he backed me into a corner there!)
J-Boy: So now that it's clear you're not into me anymore, don't wanna see me... I don't know what you want from me then?
Me: I would like to be friends. (Isn't this just something that you are required to say? And don't people know by now that when you say it, you don't really mean it? Kind of like how "it's not you, it's me" always translates to "it's not me, it's really actually because you're a freak.")
J-Boy: How can I be friends with someone who is not willing to put an effort into seeing me...
J-Boy: I don't enjoy getting shot down every time I ask you to get together...
J-Boy: So how would that be any different?
J-Boy: It's a two-sided road. (Once again with the two-sided road - get a new metaphor already!)
J-Boy: And I'm not gonna call you a bitch. (Thanks for the favor, buddy.)
J-Boy: I probably should though... (I take back my former thanks.)

I can't help but find the whole thing humorous, which is probably wrong, but I have only been casually seeing the poor kid for less than two months - if there wasn't a clear sign to run for the hills before, this was probably it.

No comments: