Saturday, January 26, 2008

No Means No!

Yesterday I went to a birthday party hosted by one of my friends from college. There were a variety of college pals there, and one of them, A, found out that I was now newly single. Upon this discovery, the conversation went as follows:

A: You're single? Do you want to go to dinner tomorrow?
Me: No, I have plans tomorrow night.
A: What about Sunday?
Me: I'm pretty busy then too.
A: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?
Me: Sorry, I'm really busy this week.
A: What about 2009?
Me: No, A, I'm sorry. I do not want to go out with you.
A: Why not?
Me: Because I'm not interested!
A: What about 2010?
Me: NO!
A: 2011?
Me: A, I can't be any clearer. Never meants never. N-E-V-E-R.
A: So that's a maybe then.

It's amazing how boys can interpret things the ways they want to see them, isn't it?

Follow Up: I just found out that A texted one of my friends, asking her when I will be going out with him. I remember the phrase "when hell freezes ever" entering my vocabulary.

No comments: