Friday, February 1, 2008

My New Dating Consultant

Tonight I went out for drinks with my friend m (he insisted that I use just a lowercase "m" - it's going to be his trademark). He is one of the few people I know that will totally shoot it to me straight, and after I met Logan Boy and was reveling in what I thought was his awesome future-husbandness, m immediately told me to chill out and be careful. And lo and behold, he was utterly correct about the whole situation, to the extent that it was kind of scary.

So, tonight in his infinite wisdom, m told me that my problem is I am taking everything too seriously and I just need to chill out, stop expecting every guy I meet to be my future boyfriend, and just accept it for what it is. He's probably (ok, definitely) right, but it's way easier said than done.

To help me out with the process, m has agreed to become my new dating consultant slash educator. He will now coach me through my contact with boys and male relationships in general, which gives me great hope for the future. I consider him my spiritual teacher without any sort of spiritual connotation whatsoever.

No comments: