Saturday, February 23, 2008

And Confusion Abounds...

Since NJ Boy and I decided to start seeing each other exclusively, I haven't really had any contact with the other boys I was dating before, as long as you don't count the Wednesday night mayhem. I've mostly been spending time with friends and married guys, totally safe and harmless demographics.

Last night, after a crazy week, I decided to call it a night early and left happy hour around 8PM to stay in, order food, and watch Project Runway and Lost. I was in bed reading when all of a sudden Slingarm texted me: "What are you up to? I was just sitting here and thinking about you". We ended up talking on the phone, for hours, about nothing in particular but life, feelings, dreams, history; he told me about his relationship of three years that had recently fallen apart (something I can totally relate to). I went to sleep thoroughly confused about how I felt about him and the situation in general.

This wasn't the asshole version of Slingarm that I had recently decided to write out of my life; this was the sweet Dollbaby I had initially spent time with that I had felt nothing but butterflies and tingly feelings for.

How do guys always have that sensor that tells them the second you have written them off to start saying exactly what you want to hear? Of course the moment I was convinced I was done with Slingarm was the second he decided to start being real with me.

No comments: