Sunday, February 10, 2008

Saturday Night Mayhem

A while ago, my friends and I were discussing an utterly necessary cell phone feature: drunk-dialing prevention.

We couldn't come up with one way to do this, but the general idea goes like this:
1) You breathe into your phone.
2) It acts as a breathalizer and makes an assessment of your alcohol level.
3) If you are too drunk, then it shuts down and will only allow you to make emergency calls (as a precaution), but you are no longer allowed to make outgoing calls, take incoming calls, or text message anyone.

I don't know one person who hasn't suffered from a drunk dial or text the night before; many of my friends wake up in the morning and immediately check their call logs to groan over the people they called. Not a good feeling.

I am thinking about this today because last night after a few too many drinks, I got a little cell phone happy and started calling or texting pretty much everyone I know. Needless to say, I am kind of wishing someone had confiscated my phone after about 2AM last night, which would've saved me a lot of trouble. I guess some lessons just have to be learned over and over again until they sink in!

No comments: