Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Art of the Booty Call

Today, on Groundhog Day 2008, I am contemplating the art of the booty call.

I, myself, am very rarely the recipient of booty calls. Therefore, the first time I was even tempted to make one (Logan Boy, last month, don't ask), I had no idea how to go about it. I asked my friend R (my source of all useful information), and he told me to just text the guy at 1:30 AM "What are you up to?" and he would get it. The problem with that is he lives in Atlanta where the bars close at 2AM whereas in Manhattan people stay out regularly until 4AM or later. Therefore, I could (and have in the past) be legitimately trying to find out where people are hanging out at 1:30AM.

So I'm aware that when guys call around 1AM and start dropping hints about coming over, that is most likely a booty call (yes, I catch on quick). What I found hilarious is that yesterday, High School Boy sent me an e-mail at 4PM (when I was still at work) asking me what I was up to that night. I told him I was going out with my girlfriends and whatnot, and he said, "Yeah I have plans too, but let's meet up late night...I'll text you."

I was somewhat confused briefly before it hit me: he was pre-booty-calling me at 4 in the afternoon! Now when he actually booty-called me later in the night, I'd be totally prepared for it. What kind of strategy was this? Even odder, the kid never even got around to texting me last night. Very strange...

No comments: