Friday, December 14, 2007

Buzzzzzzz Off


So last week, this very hot boy, who we will refer to as PBD (Pretty But Dumb) from this point forward, came into the office. Upon inquiring about (ok, begging for) his number, I called him up, made chit chat, and asked him if he'd like to go grab a drink sometime. He very politely declined because he "has a girlfriend," but told me he was incredibly flattered. He then suggested we go out on a casual business lunch and "become friends."

Being a girl that never turns down a free meal, I agreed and we made plans for Thursday. I figured at the very least I'd get a free lunch and maybe he'd have hot single friends to introduce me to (because hot guys always travel in packs, right?).

And then this is when it got weird: the day before the aforementioned lunch, PBD started sending me very flirty e-mails full of innuendo. Not sure exactly how to respond, I stopped e-mailing him back. Then the next day, the day of the lunch date, there was a snowstorm so he e-mailed me to see if we could reschedule. I told him this wasn't a problem and threw out some days I was available for lunch. Then he asks, "When do you get off of work? Maybe we can get together then. I have holiday parties on Wednesday and Friday evening, but I'm free every other night."

Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but was this not exactly the same guy who had turned down my "innocent" offer for drinks just one week prior? I've been running through theories in my head and I think one of the following happened:

1) Somewhere between my initial call and our scheduled lunch date, he broke up with his girlfriend.

or

2) After considering my invitation to get drinks, he decided his morals were looser than he had originally thought, and he has already booked a hotel room for the night, come up with an alibi, and chilled the champagne.

Considering #2 was the far more likely possibility, I made up some excuse about not being able to go out after work, but that I'd still be happy to go to a professional(ish) lunch.

Despite being flattered, there is still something very sketchy about a guy who has a girlfriend who is blatantly pursuing women have have expressed interest in him. He strikes me as the type of guy that usually gets away with this behavior, what with being gorgeous and all, but not with this Queen Bee.

Thoughts?

No comments: