Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sister Bee Reporting from College

Since I've been out of touch with the college crowd, I asked my sister E to step in and write a post about what the dating scene looks like, and if it's any easier than it is in NYC. Below, are her musings on the frustrations of boys in college:

In College Flashbacks, Queen Bee here talked about how great college was to meet guys.

So now here I am, in the prime of my college years, trying to live up to all the hype about how these are supposed to be the "best years of my life." However, I find myself slightly frustrated by the dating scene around me, more specifically the lack of one. It seems like couples are either "married" (not to mention the couples that are actually getting married –wtf?) or casually hooking up with multiple people.

I myself have fallen into the former category, and after going through a rather drawn out and long break up, frankly, I'm fed up. I've gone from one serious relationship to another serious relationship several times already, and the last thing I want right now is another serious relationship. But what are my other options?

Dating, the way it has commonly been thought of and portrayed in movies and TV shows is nonexistent. I tried dating a guy once, but that was mostly a few awkward meetings to go get ice cream. I don't want to be celibate through the rest of college; nor do I want to be so committed to someone that it's a burden. So I'd like to meet someone else - but here's my plea: we're only in college, let's have fun together. No serious conversations, no love, just good times. What does it take to get a guy to take you out around here?

No comments: