Thursday, December 13, 2007

Papa Drone Gets In the Game

I'm attending my father's Holiday party this Saturday and intensely worried about the potential humiliation to come. The last time I spoke to him about my love life, the conversation went something like this:

Papa Drone: Why don't I find some nice boys and I'll invite them all over to dinner to meet you?
Stinger: Where are you finding these boys? And they're all coming over to dinner at once?
Papa Drone: I'll find them at work or on the street and you can see which ones you like.
Stinger: Let me get this straight. You are going to start picking up boys off the street, which isn't weird at all for a fifty-something year old, heterosexual, married man, and then you're going to invite them all over to our home for a roundtable with myself and my parents?
Papa Drone: Why not?

I'm already working on ideas for a reality show. All I need is a really catchy name and catchphrase, in the vein of "You are the Weakest Link" or "You're fired." All I've got so far is, "You don't get to date my daughter - get out of my house!"

Any suggestions?

No comments: