Saturday, December 22, 2007

College Flashbacks

A good friend of mine C was in town last night, so I went out to meet him and inadvertantly walked into a college reunion of sorts. It was complete with friends, enemies, guys I've dated, beer, and herbal fun. I've noticed no matter how old you get, the moment people get together with their college or high school pals, they immediately fall back into old habits.

It's no wonder why; people look back on the days of college as the high point of their lives. For me, being around my old college buddies reminded me of something: damn, it was easy to meet guys in college. These were the days before you had to check for a wedding band and there were eligible cuties everywhere you looked. Also, they were attending the same college as me so they were already pre-qualified for compatibility. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't wasted the majority of my college years on "boyfriends" and "relationships" so I could have explored the many possible potential husband candidates there.

Now, all these guys are spread out across the world or worse, engaged to be married. I'm going to have to start throwing singles-only alumni parties just to try to recreate the environment. Today, in the spirit of college times, I am going to proceed to sleep all day after a night of too much fun.

No comments: