Friday, December 14, 2007

Drone Shortage

I recently heard from a girlfriend that the ratio of single women to single men in Manhattan is the highest for any city in the world. I wasn't entirely surprised considering I've asked pretty much everyone I know, including all my girlfriends' husbands and boyfriends, if they know a nice, single, cute, smart, and gainfully employed boy to set me up with. The answer, resoundingly, has been no.

There are various reasons - either all the guys they know are taken, have issues, live at home with their parents, are too short, can't read, like men, etc, etc. It got me thinking that it can't be nearly as difficult for my guy friends to meet girls as it is for my girlfriends to meet boys.

I was relaying this information to my mom the other day over brunch, to which she looked immediately stricken and asked:

"Well, what do you want to do? Do you want to move? Where are there more single men?"

Oh, Mom...

In totally unrelated news, I'm going to be writing from Alaska from now on. Apparently, it's a gold mine for single women seeking a mate.

No comments: