Sunday, December 16, 2007

Immature Drones

This afternoon, as my apartment sways to the winds of the storm that just descended upon New York, I am contemplating the immaturity of men. I remember all through high school and college my friends and I comforted ourselves with the notion that they would have to grow up someday. Apparently those were premature assumptions. The three most striking examples I can recently recall are below:
1) The 30-year-old who had his friends start prank calling me and leaving me giggling phone messages late at night after I stopped seeing him.

2) The 29-year-old who had such a Mommy complex he needed my attention all the time or he would throw fits and start pulling on my arm like a child until I listened to him.

3) Most recently, the 28-year-old (Jewish Boy) who stayed up until 4:30AM last night playing video games and drinking beer with his guy friends, and then tried to explain to me that this is normal, adult male behavior. Oh yeah, and then he tried to sell me on the merits of a duct tape wallet.

Yes, they're older, but are they really any different than the immature clowns that I dated in high school? Is there any hope?

No comments: