Friday, December 28, 2007

Ph.D. Boy

I went out last night with PhD Boy because it turns out our parents live very close to each other and we were both bored at home during the holidays. We went out to get drinks and talked until the bar closed. I definitely like him and find him to have many of the qualities that I would like in a guy. However, there are a few hitches already:

1) He lives 300 miles away because he's getting his Ph.D. And he's also doing graduate work in New Mexico on and off throughout the year, which is even farther away. Both of us agree that long distance relationships don't really work (yes, it just came up in conversation).


2) I'm not even sure he's interested in me in a "more than friends" way. We had a great time and there was semi-flirtation, but there was no real physical contact. Granted, there wasn't a great opportunity for any moves to be made since we were in a bar and a car, and we're not in 10th grade. Nevertheless, I left with a sort of odd confusion over whether it had been a date or two friends getting drinks.

I am hoping I will get to see him a couple more times before he leaves for school again. In the end, this may all be moot.

No comments: