Saturday, December 29, 2007

Coincidence vs. Fate?

Last night, I went to meet Ph.D. boy in a bar I'd never been to before in the city. He was there with friends and family celebrating his sister's birthday. As I walked over to the bar to get a drink, I heard someone say my name and turned around to see my best friend from high school who I hadn't seen or spoken to in seven years.

After the initial shock of seeing him, we caught up over beers, giving very general information about ourselves. Then I started chatting with one of his friends, a collage pal, who I have dubbed Logan Boy. We hit it off and when they left, he asked for my phone number and made plans to see each other. Later that night, I got a text message from my high school friend telling me his friend had found me "very pretty."

From my first impression, Logan Boy is quite perfect and meets many of the criteria that I look for in a guy: smart, good-looking, well-educated, employed, and doesn't live at home. Without jinxing it, I am hoping to see him again and get to know him better. The whole situation got me thinking about whether it was fate that I wandered into this random bar with Ph.D. Boy and met Logan Boy, and it will work out or fail because it is somehow destined to. Or was it a series of coincidences, from me running into Ph.D. Boy and deciding to meet him in the city, to bumping into my high school friend, which led me to meet Logan Boy?

No comments: