Sunday, December 16, 2007

Papa Drone's a Cockblock!

So Papa Drone's holiday part last night was surprisingly a great time! A few highlights of the evening:
1) Getting out of the cab, my friend B's garter belt fell off and landed around her knees. As I shielded her on the side of the building so she could readjust, a man in a car mistook us for prostitutes and gave us a thumbs up sign.

2) Mom drank too many martinis, so she started handing them to me to finish for her.

3) Papa Drone's business partner coming to find me and introducing me to boys with the opener, "This is so-and-so. He is successful and single. Talk to him." Not awkward at all!

4) One of Papa Drone's employees telling me I looked "sexy on the dance floor," and then blatantly staring at my friend and I until we were uncomfortable. Inappropriate much?

5) Karaoke. 'Nuff said.

I actually met a PB (Potential Boyfriend), but never managed to finagle his number since the appropriate occasion never came up, and I figured I could easily acquire it from Papa Drone. However, when I called today to get said number, Papa Drone refused because he said it would be too weird since PB is one of his employees. I tried all my daughterly wiles (ie. pouting and whining) but to no avail.

All I know is PB's first name, and have utterly no direct points of contact other than Papa Drone. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say drop him an email. You can probably find out his work email. A flirty email correspondence doesn't sound like a bad way of working around Papa Drone.