Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

I have had a bad history with New Year's Eve and have been dreading it for quite some time.

Why?

First off, I don't like holidays where you are forced to have fun. If you think about it, New Year's is just another day but for some reason, people think it's this day where they must go crazy and have a great time. Elaborate plans are made. And then in the end, I always feel disappointed because it never quite meets the expectations you had set up.

The very worst New Years I had was four years ago when I flew out to San Francisco to spend it with my then boyfriend. We got into a silly fight and both of us overreacted and he threw me out of the city. That's right. I was put in a cab at 4AM and I slept in the airport. I figured after that, there was no way I was going to have a worse New Year's than that. That's taken some of the pressure off.

The past couple years I've spent New Year's with my most recent ex-boyfriend. We had a tradition of going out to a nice dinner and ringing in the New Year together over a bottle of champagne. There is a part of me that is incredibly sad we are not spending New Year's together; but there is another part of me that is overjoyed that I get to do whatever I want and have a good time with my friends tonight.

Hopefully, it will be a fun night and I will have something blogworthy to spill tomorrow. Happy 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an interesting blog! i'll read it again!

if you're ever in new haven, let me know.