Sunday, December 23, 2007

Inappropriate-isms

A friend of mine commented last night that in the recent months, I have constant stories of inappropriate comments made towards me. Although, I'm sure most single girls have similar stories, these things usually happen at 4AM in a dive bar where everyone left is drunk and/or sketchy. Yet, for me they occur semi-sober at company or professional events, or via e-mail/instant message during the work day.

Which leads me to wonder: is it something about me, or something that I am doing that is leading to this type of inappropriate behavior? Or is it just that I attract sketchballs who don't know any other way to act around girls?

Either way, even though it makes for hilarious anecdotes at a later point, I'm not sure this is the kind of conduct I want to encourage. I am going to start wearing heavy wool sweaters and make sure not to smile or make eye contact with anyone at any point. Giggling is out of the question too. Now let's see what kind of weirdos I attract!

No comments: