Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's Raining Men!

I will never understand the way these cycles work, but some nights there are so many guys texting and calling me that I am totally overwhelmed, and other nights, crickets.

The other night, I was seeing Client Boy, who I hadn't seen since before my trip to Atlanta. We had talked on and off while I was gone and after my return, but with our busy schedules had taken a while to see each other again.

While I was hanging out with him, I was texted by not one, not two, but THREE guys that I hadn't heard a peep from for the most part in a while. Alumni Boy wanted to see what I was up to which I responded, "Where's your girlfriend tonight?". That shut him up real quick.

I hadn't spoken to or seen Slingarm since my birthday and deciding I was completely done with him. He started texting me out of the blue and I chose to just ignore the texts (applause, applause!).

Then, after weeks of not hearing from him, out of nowhere Moneybags started calling me to let me know he was in the city and he wanted to see me. I told him I already had plans and maybe next time, he should call in advance and actually make plans. Despite the pissy response, he continued to text and call me until 8AM the next morning (?).

Then the following night, when I didn't have any plans and decided to stay in and catch up on my Netflix, of course, that night was silent as could be. It's really true what they say, that it never rains, but it pours.

No comments: