Friday, March 28, 2008

Something Different

After getting several complaints that my blog was getting depressing (thanks friends, I appreciate it), I was venting to my pal S and he said that it was ok, but he could tell that I was going through some sort of crisis from my writing lately. He said it seemed that I was going through a lot of self-retrospection. I suppose I have been in a bit of a funk lately, just from frustration with the dating scene in New York, and assorted other issues that come along with being a grownup (will I ever get used to it?).

I have complained to S in the past about the crazy guys that I have been meeting, and he told me a while ago that when the right guy came along, I would suddenly have no desire to blog about him and that's how I knew it would be special. I just laughed it off at the time and told him it was crazy, but it turns out he might have been right.

I've been seeing Client Boy on and off for a few weeks, and we recently started seeing each other regularly. It hit me out of nowhere today that it might actually be something, and I had this intense desire to keep it private, in the hopes that I wouldn't jinx it or anything.

He's a good guy and I thoroughly enjoy spending time with him. I'm enjoying taking it slow and seeing where it goes, without any real expectations.

No comments: