Saturday, March 8, 2008

Somehow Still Alive...

After the birthday merriment last night, I am not sure how I am still standing. Actually, I take that back because I am currently sitting with little intention of getting up since my foot is bruised (from being stepped on by a drunk guy, naturally) and my legs are sore from dancing all night in stilettos. In fact, I'm not sure when I'll be able to walk again without saying "ow" with every step. After two showers, I still feel as if alcohol is oozing out of every one of my pores.

It was a fantastic night and of course it wouldn't be a birthday without a little blacking out and boy drama. Despite the fact that I hadn't spoken to him in a while, Slingarm showed up and created a slew of discomfort around my friends that don't approve of him (for being an douchebag and whatnot).

Then my good friend and long-time love from college, McPreppy, showed up. I haven't seen him in a while since he doesn't live in the city and he works ludicrous hours in the financial world. The McPreppy deprivation for the past couple months combined with massive amounts of alcohol fueled a great deal of sitting on his lap and introducing him to people as "the guy I'm going to marry but he doesn't know it yet" to which he would uncomfortably say, "um." It also led to my sister pulling me aside to tell me that Slingarm couldn't stop staring at me all night and it was "creeping her out."

Note to all single girls looking to meet guys: wear a tiara at a bar and they will spring out of the woodworks. I had an entire table of guys I didn't know toast to my birthday, took pictures with guys that approached me out of nowhere, and had countless others yell "happy birthday" at me. I ended up getting the number of one cutie, Accountant Boy, but was mostly preoccupied with spending time with my friends and making sure my 30-year-old inappropriate guy friends didn't hit on my little sister.

The night ended around 4AM, after a champagne toast at my apartment with my pals. As I mentioned earlier, this is the first birthday I have spent in a long while without a boyfriend, but instead of feeling lonely and sad, I am actually incredibly happy and left with the sensation of how much I am loved by my friends, and what a fantastic circle of support I have around me.

All in all it was a great birthday, and I'm going to keep the celebration going as long as I can, even though I don't think I can get away with wearing the tiara anymore. Boo.

No comments: