Saturday, March 15, 2008

My New Claim to Fame

So watching college hoops with my friend R in Atlanta, we've been seeing multiple sports commercials and he pointed out, unbeknownst to me, that one of our classmates from college was in a major commercial because he's now playing a sport professionally.

Although it probably wasn't THAT big a deal, I was immediately a little awed and starstruck (well seriously, what major commercials have YOU been in lately?). I remembered that I had run into Commercial Boy a couple years ago randomly in an airport and gotten his phone number then, and wondered if it was the same.

Therefore, I did the only logical thing and called him and when it went to voicemail, it seemed he had not changed his phone number. I congratulated him on the commercial and told him to call me back so we could catch up.

To my utter shock, he texted me the next day saying he was traveling so he couldn't call me back, but thank you for the message and we should get together the next time he was in New York. And that's how I ended up with a date next Monday with Commercial Boy.

I'm pretty excited about my date with the professional sports star who's kind of a big deal. I will be following this post up with a minute-by-minute liveblog of the date complete with photos.

No comments: