Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Isle of Lost Men

Ok. Seriously. If anyone can answer this question, I will grant them a handsome reward: what exactly is the point of asking for a girl's phone number, or telling her you are going to call, and then never doing so???

I was reflecting on the people I have given my phone number out to recently who seemed so anxious to get it at the time, and then never bothered calling. UES Boy embarrassed himself and me to acquire my digits, and I have not heard from him since. Then a few weeks ago I gave my phone number to TV Boy, and he texted me a few times the next day, and then promptly never reached out to me again. Most recently this happened with Moneybags, but I'm still giving him the benefit of a doubt.

What is up with this bizarre boy behavior? If you don't want to call me, then why go through all the trouble of getting my phone number to begin with? It's not like I forced my number on these guys; they made an extra effort to ask for it, but never had any intention of following through?

But I'm not completely bothered by these boys; obviously they get off on collecting phone numbers the way eleven-year olds collect baseball cards.

What I am really and truly baffled by right now is the fact that NJ Boy has dropped off the face of the earth. I haven't seen or heard from him since last weekend when I went out with him and his roommates. We had a great time and I got along great with them; the last time I saw him he gave me a kiss and said, "I'll talk to you soon," but that was clearly a lie. And then, out of nowhere, poof, he's gone.

After a few unreturned phone calls, I finally had it and sent him an e-mail asking if he's ok (because if something really did happen, boy will I feel like a bitch then), and to let me know what's going on in his head. The only reasons I can think of for the sudden cold shoulder are that he's either freaking out because we're starting to get serious, which I would totally understand or he figured out that his roommate, Roommate Boy, and I are perfect for each other and he's stepping aside to let us work it out. Yes? No? Delusional much?

No comments: